Friday 25 July 2008

Big Parcel of Pose Dolls



Isn't it lovely when you get a big parcel from ebay? And even better when it's full of lots of dolls, and you have the joy of unpacking them. Last week I got these dolls from America - a set of twelve dolls of the world. Their "traditional" costumes are very shiny and synthetic; one naked flame and they'd all go up in an inferno of toxic fumes.

They were all still in their original boxes. They're quite petite for pose dolls - about 10 inches tall. I bought them with the thought that I might redress some of them, but it seems a shame to break up the set. I'm currently working on a few other redressed pose dolls, and may try to sell them on etsy soon.


I think my favourite is Miss Italy - she's got a lovely pink dress and a bow in her hair. Not sure if that's an authentic Italian costume, but who cares when she looks so pretty?


All the costumes are a bit random. Look at Miss USA here. Perhaps a kind American reader might explain to me the origin of this tartan and yellow combo. Not sure I've ever come across this traditional costume.


I'm hoping to have photos of more of my ebay buys and charity shop finds on here soon. I'm going to start de-stashing and selling on etsy too.

No comments: