Wednesday 12 November 2008

Babyheads


Do you ever see weird shit for sale on Ebay, and think to yourself 'Who buys this stuff?'...? - - Well, it's mee!!

And yet, despite the weirdness, I like to feel there's something rather fine and wonderful about buying an enormous box of 18 (yes, EIGHTEEN) large, pottery, baby doll heads. If you're one of those people who get freaked out by disembodied doll heads (and that's a surprising number of you, I've found), then probably best to look away now.
They are slightly freaky, I will admit, but I think en masse, they have a magnificent grandeur and presence, which I can only attempt to capture in a photo.

And individually, they're just sweet little dollies...

No, really, they are...

I'm not entirely sure what to do with them. I definitely want to use some, but probably can't use all of them, so I will put some on etsy.

4 comments:

RR said...

hey,
just came across your blog!
i must admit i love that kind of freaky stuff too.
all together like that they look so darn cute!!
and in my opinion you can never have enough freaky dolls heads in your house.kudos on your great find ;)

rachel
x

Camilla said...

OOH a person after my own heart!

Kitsch and Curious said...

Thanks guys!

Yeah, freaky IS good, isn't it?

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

~What a magnificent find..!
Yes.. this is my idea of gold too..

Michele