Wednesday 24 March 2010

Knit a Neuron


A second very quick post today, with a scientific twist to celebrate Ada Lovelace Day - a day for bloggers to celebrate women in science.

My contribution is to highlight the Knit a Neuron project being organised by two scientists in Bristol. They say:
"In an attempt to combine our love of science and yarn we came up with Knit a Neuron project. We hope that by garnering the support of hundreds of knitters and crocheters we can create a beautiful artwork which illustrates what happens to the brain when it is injured by a stroke."

If you'd like to take part, you can find patterns on their blog. There have also been some events locally (I missed them, unfortunately!), and I think they are planning more. I will be crocheting my neuron soon...

3 comments:

Space Cadet said...

I missed Ada Lovelace Day, D'oh! I will have to make up for it with a blog for The Day After Ada Lovelace Day. Love the neuron by the way. Can you do me a new one for my foot? Ta.

ted and bunny said...

Hi- just spent pleasant time looking at your site it's SO fab I love it!
Don't think I'll knit a neuron tho. . .
Elaine

BusyLizzie said...

Good to see you both in Frome yesterday. (what is Mr K's blog called??)
Have a good Sunday. Mr & Mrs W. xx